10.31.2011

Zombie Eyes {Hard-boiled Eggs}


My husband loves hard-boiled eggs. I usually prepare this for dinner or for lunch. The only difference I made for Halloween is to place half an olive on each, so they would look like eyes.

For this recipe you will need:
  • 6 eggs
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 4 tbsp mayo
  • 6 olives
  • 5 ham slices
  • 5 cheddar cheese slices



Bring water to boil and carefully place the eggs in the pot for 15 to 20 minutes.


Finely chop ham.


Finely chop cheese.


Once the eggs are hard-boiled, break their shell and take it off.


Cut in half, trying not to break the whites.


Place the yolks in a separate bowl and reserve the whites.


Add the ham, mayo, and cheese in the bowl with the yolks and combine, until you create a chunky paste and add salt and pepper to taste. Filll the whites with this paste.

This is how I usually serve them, but this time...


I added some olives cutted in half so that they will look like eyes. 



I hope you enjoy this delicious recipe!! It's great for kids lunch too, or dinner. Or breakfast... Anytime, anywhere.



November 8, 2011 update:

2 comments: