10.28.2011

Halloween Cake Balls


For our Halloween party, I decided to make some cake balls. So you will need:
  • cake mix (I chose Devil's Food)
  • 1/2 tbsp Rexal
  • 1 1/3 cup water
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1/3 cup butter
  • 1 can of icing (chocolate icing), you will be using 1/2 or 3/4
  • chocolate coating




You need to mix everything (first picture) and bake the cake for 35 minutes at 165°C on a previously buttered cake pan. Here is the cake, already baked. Then, let it cool completely. I left it cool for 4 hours.


In a lage bowl crumble the whole cake into small pieces. 


Add 1/2 can of chocolate icing. With a spatula start stirring the mixture, it should be moisty. 


If it's not, then add a little more icing until balls can be formed.


Make the balls the size you want. I got 23 balls.


you need the balls to be really cooled, so they will stay that form and help the coating get hard. So, I placed them in the fridge for 2.5 hours, you can place them in the freezer for 30 minutes, if you are in a hurry. Now, melt the chocolate coating following instructions.


Insert the cake ball in the coating and use two spoons to help yourself cover the ball. Use a cookie sheet with wax paper to let the cake balls stand and dry.



I decorated some of them with orange-colored sugar and chocolate topping.



Do you want to try one? I do.



I placed them on top of the Halloween Brownie, as a decoration.



Any suggestions? I would love to try them with red velvet filling but I can't find it in this small town =( this is so sad.





1 comment:

  1. CHOCOLATE.... no necesito extender más mi comentario :B

    ReplyDelete