10.06.2011

Spooky and Bloody Brownies


So Halloween is coming.
If you are having a Halloween party, or just want to season decorate your food, Im sharing this idea. I need to say something first. Originally, I wanted to make little ghost-brownies, but it resulted in a total FAIL. I do not recommend using this kind of trays for the brownies, as they are sticky and have melted chocolate and... anyway. The taste great!!

If you want to make some brownies, you will need:


  • 1 Ghirardelli brownie mix (I recommend triple chocolate, but you can use supreme chocolate)
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 250gr semi-sweet or dark chocolate mini chips/kisses 
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder (I use Rexal)
Directions:

First, preheat oven to 160°C and sift the brownie flour -along with the baking powder.



Then, grease with PAM or butter the trays you will be using.


Then, add the melted butter, milk and egg.


Now slowly stir, incorporating all the ingredients until you get a uniform blend. Then add the chocolate chips and stir again.


Fill to half the previously greased tray you will use.


I also used cupcake trays (with cupcake paper, VERY IMPORTANT). Get them in the oven.


40 minutes later...



I wanted to use my Halloween plates, so here they are:


The FAIL case: trying to make brownies in ghost-shaped mold. But I still spread some powdered sugar on top and added 2 red eyes to each one of them.


So here you can see the texture...



For the other kind of baking tray, I had no problem, the brownies were a success =0) I call them bloody brownies haha





Enjoy!


Notes: You can add pecans, walnuts, toffee pieces, almonds, etc...



I'm linking here:



 

2 comments:

  1. Quiero YA....dame

    nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like a spooktacularly sweet treat for Halloween. Thanks so much for linking this recipe up in the Holiday Recipe Exchange.

    ReplyDelete