10.28.2011

Mexican Vermicelli


I saw this recipe in Philadelphia Cream Cheese website and I said to myself "I gotta try it". So I bought all my goods and cooked it. It is delicious. My mom usually prepares this dish but really different. She uses natural tomato sauce, she does not uses cream cheese. But it is still good, yet different. I can say to you "this is good, gotta try it sometime". What I prepared served 4 (my husband and I, and each one's lunch).

So you will need:
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • oregano
  • 2 cups tomato puree
  • 1 tsp Knorr's chicken broth bouillon
  • 1 tbsp vegetal oil
  • 3 bacon slices
  • 1/2 chopped onion
  • 1/2 Philadelphia cream cheese bar
  • 1/2 chopped Philadelphia cream cheese bar
  • 500 gr (1lb) vermicelli



First you need to blend together (with a manual blender or a regular blender) the tomato puree, onion, oregano (to taste), chicken broth bouillon (powder), and 1/2 cream cheese bar (not chopped). 



Heat vegetal oil and fry add bacon cutted in little pieces. When bacon is fried, take it out and fry vermicelli in the oil you previously used.



When vermicelli is fried, add the previous sauce you blended and add chicken broth. 


Yummy!!! Looking good, right?



Stir a little, and try not to break the vermicelli.


When it starts boiling, cover the skillet and leave it there. At low heat for 10 minutes or so. Turn the heat off and leave it there for 5 minutes, so it will thicken.


Prepare the bacon pieces (bits) and the chopped cream cheese.


Serve the vermicelli and tips with bacon bits and cream cheese squares.


This looks good right!!??


Notes:
  • Instead of bacon, you can use ham or chorizo.
  • You can skip the cream cheese squares step, just use the cream cheese for the sauce (1/2 bar). That would probably be lighter.
  • If you are a lover of onion, you could use insead (or besides) of bacon, 1/2 chopped onion-

Any suggestions?







November 8, 2011 update:

1 comment:

  1. Este es un nivel de delicia....no inventes, todo lo sabrosón ñomñom...se me antojó demasiado! Ya lo probaste? qué tal?

    ReplyDelete