10.17.2011

Wicked Witch of the East Legs


I started preparing my house for Halloween, so I decided to make the Wicked witch of the East legs, from the scene when Dorothy's house falls on her.

I used girl's white long socks, black felt strips, and some red fabric.

First, I filled the socks with filling and and sewed the ends, so the filling would stay inside the socks. Then I cutted the felt strips.



Then I sewed the strips as if they were striped socks. I would much more prefer to use striped socks, but I couldn't find any, so I used these ones.



Then, I started sewing the red shoes... I didn't use any template, but I can tell you I used a rectangle.All around the feet part, with red thread.


Then I started making the shoe shape, and for the heel, I filled it too and made the heel shape. 


Here is how it looks with and without the heel shape.


Here are the legs...




This is how they look like in my living room:


I hope you like them, if you have any suggestions or questions, please let me know!!


1 comment:

  1. Qué bonitoo!!! Me encantaron las piernas de la Bruja del Este!!!! :B Más adelante deberías poner también murciélagos. A lo mejor no en cojines pero un adornito para la mesa...como los duendes con piernas colgantes que venden para Navidad... mm qué rico corn candy jejeje

    ReplyDelete