10.25.2011

Creamy Chicken Rolls


For the Saturday movie night, while I was preparing the Halloween Tortilla Chips with Guacamole, I started preparing some chicken rolls filled with Ham and Cream Cheese.

In order to make these, you will need:

  • 3 chicken breasts, preferably crushed.
  • 2 tbsp butter (I used the butter mixed with bacon that remained from the Bacon & Potato Chunky Cream I prepared days before)
  • 3 ham slices
  • 3 tbsp cream cheese (I used Philadelphia, poblano flavor)
  • salt and pepper
  • wooden sticks



First, add some salt and pepper (to taste) to the crushed chicken breasts.


Then, heat a skillet and place the butter until it melts. Mine already had some bacon oil from the previous recipe, but you can add a 1/2 tsp of vegetal oil or olive oil so the butter won't burn. Place the chicken breasts with the salted part in the bottom and salt and pepper the upside part.


When the chicken is fully cooked from both sides, take it out and place one ham slice on each breast and then top it with 1 tbsp of cream cheese.


Roll the chicken breast to make a roll (did that sound weird to you too?) and hold it with wooden sticks. Place it again in the skillet and low the heat.


Wait until the cheese is melted and take the chicken out. As you can see, one of the chicken breasts I used was really big, so I could not roll it. I decided to cut it in half, and fill it with the same filling.


Then cut slices of the roll, or as you can see, pieces of it. I guess the roll wasn't a roll after all...


But this is how it looks, for me it is delicious! And for my husband, too.



Do you have any suggestions?







1 comment: