10.25.2011

Oven Dried Tomatoes



Surfing in the net, I found a post from these gentle ladies in their blog Prudent Baby. They shared their recipe for sun-dried tomatoes and I loved it. I just had to try it! So I did. I went to Walmart and bought around 10 tomatoes.

You will need:
  • 10 tomatoes
  • olive oil
  • ground salt
  • ground pepper
  • thyme (preferable fresh)
  • 5 garlic cloves
  • cookie sheet



Cut the tomatoes in pieces of almost the same time. This will help the tomatoes cook the same way.



Place the tomato pieces in the cookie sheet, along with the garlic cloves. I added whole cloves. If you want a more garlic flavor, cut them by half.



Drizzle olive oil all over the tomatoes.


Sprinkle some salt and pepper. And then, some thyme.


Place them in your oven, at the lowest possible temperature, mine was 100°C. And leave them cooking for many hours, slowly cooking. I left mine 4.5 hours.

After 1 hour...


After 2 hours...



After 3 hours...



After 4.5 hours...


Then, take them out and place them in a plate. You can serve them with pasta, mix them with tomato paste for pasta sauce, with French bread, with mozzarella cheese, with French bread and mozzarella cheese, with anything you like!!!



I loved them, Julio loved them, my mom loved them, my dad loved them, Ceci loved them... everybody!!




1 comment: