1.31.2012

Ham & Cheese Egg Biscuits


Some weeks ago, surfing on the net, I found a blog called "Copycat Restaurant Recipes" and after looking around at many recipes, I found one specific Mc'Donalds sauce which sounded good to me. I decided to take notes and try them later. I told the hubs about my secret plans of cooking the breakfast bagel or biscuit and he was fascinated.
I've been promising him for weeks that I would cook this delicious breakfast, but because he's been asking for hotcakes  of many different reasons, I wasn't able to cook it. Last Saturday I did, and he was amazed! He loved them and he even asked me one extra for lunch on Monday. So, here's the recipe.


I used:
  • 1 5-pc jumbo tube Buttermilk biscuits
  • 1/2 tbsp butter
  • 4 eggs
  • 4 yellow cheese slices
  • 2 ham slices
  • 2 turkey breast slices
  • McDonald copycat Sauce: 2 tbsp mayo, 2/3 tbsp sweet relish, 2/3 tbsp ketchup, 1/3 tbsp mustard, 1/2 tbsp sugar, 1/8 tbsp pepper.


First prepare the sauce mixing in a little bowl or cup the sauce ingredients: mayo, sweet relish, ketchup, mustard, sugar, and pepper.


Try to whisk it. If you don't have a small whisker, then use a fork. Place the sauce in the fridge so it cools.


Now, beat the eggs (or whisk them) until fluffy (no foam) and add a pinch of salt.


In low heat, melt butter in a skillet.


Add egg. I made them in two different ways. 
First one: use a very small skillet, around 2". When the edges are fully cooked, turn it over.



Second one: In a regular skillet, add the rest of the egg and use a cookie cutter to cut round-shaped egg pieces.




Cook the biscuits according to package directions.


Now, step by step: 
1. Place some sauce on one side.
2. Top with cheese slice.
3. Top with ham or turkey slice.
4. Top with egg.


Cover with the top slie of bread and enjoy!


Of course, you can serve them with hashbrowns! Of course, you can replace or sur-place (lol) some bacon, sausage, etc!



Would you try to eat two? Hubby did.






1 comment: