12.14.2011

Turkey and Tortilla Chips Casserole

 

I was looking for a easy but delicious recipe tu use the ground turkey meat I had, and the tortilla chips that I had as leftovers. On the other hand, I love Rachael Ray, I used to watch her shows, now I can't find the time. So, I thought about looking through some of her recipes and I found this one, which is really easy and fast to prepare. Her recipe is called Turkey-Tortilla Casserole. Of course, as I always do, I changed a little bit of the recipe. So here I'm sharing with you the recipe:

You will need:
  • 2 quartered lemons (big)
  • 1 lb (1/2 Kg) ground turkey meat
  • salt
  • 1 small onion
  • 1 can (4 oz or 120 gr) diced jalapeño chiles, with the liquid -if you don't want it spicy, you can use one finely chopped green pepper
  • 2 cans (14.5 oz or 410 gr each) diced and peeled tomato -if it's whole, then you dice it in bite-size squares
  • 1 lb (1/2 Kg) tortilla chips -you can use Doritos, or any brand you like
  • 1 can (14.5 oz or 1/2 lt) chicken broth
  • 4 cups mozzarella shredded cheese
  • sour cream, for serving


Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). 
Place the turkey in a skillet and add the lemons' juice and salt (around 1 tsp). 


Stir until it cooks. Let it sit and cool. 


Finely chop the onion.


In a deep bowl add the onion, the tomato can and the jalapeño can (with liquid).


Stir.


Add the tortilla chips and the turkey and stir carefully until it looks blended.


Transfer to baking pan (I used a 9" X 13") and cover with cheese. Plenty of cheese.


Place in oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until the cheese looks like you like it (golden, brown, white, etc). The meat is already cooked, so don't worry about cooking. I like the cheese CRISPY! If you place it 30 minutes it will look like mine.


Looking good, huh?


A small slice.


 Do you want some?


Can you see the melted cheese? I love cheese!!!!


Yum!





December 14:

I'm linking to Stacy's Show Me What Ya Got #53 party
 I'm linking to Michelle's Fabulous Friday party at Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust

8 comments:

  1. I just love your comfort food. Thanks so much for linking your great recipes to Fab Friday!

    Warmly, MIchelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just made this today and it was AWESOME! My husband really loved it... Thank you so much for sharing. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you (and your husband) liked it!!! Thanks for letting me know, wasn't it spicy? =)

      Delete
  3. fantastic points altogether, you simply gained a new reader.
    What would you suggest about your put up that you
    made some days in the past? Any certain?

    Here is my website know more about

    ReplyDelete