1.02.2012

Tuna & Salmon Cheesy Sandwiches


So, I'm not a big fan of seafood or fish or tuna or shrimp or salmon or octopus or any thing that swims (lol). But, I have to eat some fish! So, I usually try to find out ways to eat fish or salmon or tuna in a way that it won't taste so much as sea. I thought about making some sandwiches and I remembered I have some melted yellow cheese. 



You will need:
  • 2 tbsp Mayo
  • 1/2 tbsp Yellow Mustard
  • 1 tsp Sweet Relish
  • 3 dashes Spicy sauce (I used La viuda, you can use Tabasco)
  • 8 slices of bread
  • 3 tbsp yellow spreadable cheese (if you don't have, you can use I slice of American cheese)
  • 1-5oz can tuna
  • 1-5oz can salmon
  • 2 tbsp creamy chipotle sauce



Drain the tuna and salmon cans.


Place in a mixing bowl: both cans (tuna and salmon), spicy sauce, sweet relish, mustard, mayo, chipotle creamy sauce. 


Mix everything until well blended. 


I want to make a note here: I left this mixture -uncovered- set in the fridge for 2 hours, so that it will concentrate a little bit more and dry too.

Now, place the bread slices in a place or cutting board.


In the lower bread, place some tuna and salmon mixture. Top with 1 tbsp melted cheese.


Now, cover the lower part with the upper part and place it in your sandwich toaster.


I left them for 5 minutes. Look at that!


Serve you sandwich with some Harvest cheese flavored Sun Chips. Or Doritos.


Doesn't this look great? And tastes wonderful too. Myhusband ate TWO of them!



No comments:

Post a Comment