12.09.2011

Natural Christmas Potpourri


Christmas season. I just love it; always have, always will. And now, I have my own house and I want it to smell so good. I bought a Febreeze Air Effcts Air Freshner Apple Spice & Delight, that it actually smells so good, but the smell won't last. 

Febreze Air Effects Air Freshener Apple Spice & Delight, 9.7 oz

So, I started looking on Pinterest for a DIY Christmas potpuorri and found one recipe that sounded so good to me on Make it Do blog, called "The Smells of the Season". So I wrote down the recipe, and went to look for the ingredients. I already had all of them in my kitchen, except for the fresh cranberries. Here, in the North of Mexico, it's difficult to find fresh cranberries. You can find almost everywere dry dranberries, but fresh are more difficult to find. I started looking for them in different stores, asking people, and finally, asking on Facebook. Walmart Mexico replied and told me they had, so I went to buy them and here it is. the final product. I hope you enjoy it and try it too. It's real good.

So, you need:
  • 200 gr (6 oz) fresh cranberries
  • 3 cinnamon sticks
  • 1 orange
  • 10 whole cloves
  • water


Cut the orange in quarts.


Cut or crush the cinnamon.


The cranberries.


The original recipe calls for a tablespoon of cloves. Please don't ask me why I used only 10 cloves! Please don't, because I DON'T KNOW WHY. I will add more tonight.


Place everything in a pot and cover with water. Leave on the stove top, on the lowest heat, and stir occasionally. Your home will start smelling so delicious. My mom came to visit and she was like "Oh, it's smells delicious" and then I took her to the kitchen and show her the potpourri and she was like "Why don't you make a marmalade instead?" LOL. Anyways, the smell is delicious. And maybe I will make a marmalade. I will just add sugar and a lot of stirring, right? Let me think about it, because I've been thinking on doing one Mango, Ginger and Mint marmalade.


According to the other blog instructions, you should never leave the pot withouth water, so if you see that it's drying, add more water. I will turn it up every day from here to mid-January (the blog says it lasts several weeks). I love the smell! My husband loved it too, and he also thought I was cooking marmalade. LOL. Beautiful smell. So peaceful, full of joy and a constant remember of Christmas season. I just love it.


December 14:

 I'm linking to Michelle's Fabulous Friday party at Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust 
 I'm linking to a daydreaming blogger pinterest pintest linky party  

Pinterest Logo   Look for it in Pinterest!

December 16:

Grab My Button I'm so honored to be featured in Michelle's Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust Fabulous Friday Favorties 14!! Thanks do much!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful recipe at Fabulous Friday. It is my pleasure to feature you in my favorites again today!
    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really helpful article, I really enjoyed spending time on the blog. CHeck for wholesale incense for variety herbal potpourri.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Βy way of business a payment. Employers can choose to use in any
    buyout consideratiοns. Anԁ they rented а ѵan.
    This is ωhat hаppened to the last two уears, Panaѕoniс ѕtill
    employs more than 300, 000 square milеs, making
    it posѕible to lower the price or get better terms.



    Fеel free tο viѕit my blog рost .
    .. internet marketing massachusetts

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all know about herbal incense. These are a great deal useful to united states. Incense is known as a special type of firewood. These kinds sticks are combined by some people remove dust from looking compound every thinks. Here is a trustful Buy herbal incense online site www.herbalsondeck.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another informative blog… Thank you for sharing it… Best of luck for further endeavor too.
    buy herbal potpourri online

    ReplyDelete