2.15.2012

Rib Eye Steak for Valentine's Day


So this is what I cooked for dinner for my Valentine and me. It was so good, and I really improvised! I made some gravy and I wasn't even sure how it was done, but somewhere in the middle of the recipe, I couldn't let the beef broth go to waste! The hubby was really amazed with the food. So simple, so easy to cook, and yet, so romantic and delicious. This is our first Valentine as a married couple, so I didn't want it to go as any other Valentine we had previously celebrated. This was totally worth it, an we enjoyed it with a delicious red wine cup.
I used:
  • 1 lb rib eye steaks (6 pieces)
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 tsp cornstarch
  • 1tsp olive oil


Add salt and pepper to one side of the meat.


Place the steaks in a very low heated skillet with olive oil. 


Add more salt and pepper on the side that was not seasoned yet. Cover. This will help you keep the liquids in the skillet, instead of evaporating.


After 3-5 minutes, turn them over. Cover.


Remove steaks and cover so they won't cool. Add cornstarch.


Top steaks with gravy.


As you can see, I served Loaded Double Baked Potatoes as a side.


Good.


Look at that gravy!


What did you have for dinner on Valentine's Day? How did you celebrate?







No comments:

Post a Comment