Buffalo. Just say Buffalo and you have my complete attention. I just love Buffalo flavor. On chicken, on pizza, on chicken wings, on nuggets, on soup! And as you know from my previous post, I had leftovers from the Buffalo Chicken Pizza, so I decided to make them a soup.
- 3/4 cup Marzetti's Blue Cheese dressing
- 1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce (If you love spicy, then add another 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 finely chopped onion
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 cups shredded chicken
- 4 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 finely chopped celery sticks
- 1/2 cup coarsly chopped baby carrots
- 1/2 cup mozzarella shredded cheese
- 5 slices Muenster cheese (use whatever cheese you prefer)
Melt butter in a deep pot.
Chop your veggies.
Caramelize onion for around 5-10 minutes and add garlic for 2 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add chicken and stir in butter with veggies.
Now add chicken broth and stir. Add buffalo sauce.
Stir and let it simmer.
Remove from heat, add mozarella cheese and stir several times. Top with Munster cheese and cover.
Let it sit for 5 minutes.
Ok, this is the real color.
The taste is FABULOUS!
Give it a try and let me know how it goes!
You can also visit this recipe at Tasty Kitchen.