- 2 teaspoons EVOO or vegetable oil
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1/4 cup cream (I used Lyncott, but you can use sour cream)
- 1/4 cup milk (I use 2% fat, you can use whole)
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese (or grated Parmesan cheese)
- 1/2 salted butter stick
- salt & pepper to taste
Cut potatoes in 4 or 5 pieces (so they will cook faster, you will mash them so you don't need them one-piece). They should be about the sime size so they cook evenly. Place them in a pot and top them with water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, put a lid on the pot and let them simmer for 15 o 20 minutes (util you can easily introduce a knife and they feel soft).
Add the cream, milk and cheese and strongly beat with a plastic spoon. When well mixed, add salt and pepper and beat again. You can add more milk, until you have the consistency you desire.
Your mashed potatoes are ready!! Serve them hot. I made this to side my Meatloaf.
- I usually leave the potato skin because I like how it tastes and I think is healthier. You can peel it if you want, after boiling them (when cooling them).
- You can add 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder to give it a garlic taste, and 1/2 teaspoon of fine herbs.
- You can top it with bacon bits.