9.27.2011

Mashed Potatoes


I love potatoes. I don't mind eating them fried, broiled, grilled... I just love them!! And now, I'm going to share with you my very own mashed potatoes recipe.

Ingredients:

  • 2 teaspoons EVOO or vegetable oil
  • 2 medium potatoes
  • 1/4 cup cream (I used Lyncott, but you can use sour cream)
  • 1/4 cup milk (I use 2% fat, you can use whole)
  • 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese (or grated Parmesan cheese)
  • 1/2 salted butter stick
  • salt & pepper to taste

 

Directions:


Cut potatoes in 4 or 5 pieces (so they will cook faster, you will mash them so you don't need them one-piece). They should be about the sime size so they cook evenly. Place them in a pot and top them with water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, put a lid on the pot and let them simmer for 15 o 20 minutes (util you can easily introduce a knife and they feel soft).



When they are cooked, drain water from potatoes and let them cool for little while.


In the meanwhile, place the EVOO in a pot and add the butter until it melts.


Add the potato pieces to the pot and use a potato masher to mash potatoes until well mashed. 



Add the cream, milk and cheese and strongly beat with a plastic spoon. When well mixed, add salt and pepper and beat again. You can add more milk, until you have the consistency you desire.



Your mashed potatoes are ready!! Serve them hot. I made this to side my Meatloaf.



NOTE:

  • I usually leave the potato skin because I like how it tastes and I think is healthier. You can peel it if you want, after boiling them (when cooling them).
  • You can add 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder to give it a garlic taste, and 1/2 teaspoon of fine herbs.
  • You can top it with bacon bits.





2 comments:

  1. Hi, Gaby. If you are looking for another taste, and also lighter, try with nutmeg: potatos, butter (1/4 non-salt butter little stick), salt, pepper, fat free milk, and nutmeg. The taste is delicious. Try it and let me know. XOXO, your auntie, Gaby Herrera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lo vi hace rato en la tarde y como acababa de comer me pude contener jeje pero se ve super rico Gabs!!!

    ReplyDelete