So, after eating the Chicken'n'Meatloaf I prepared last week, I made yet ANOTHER chicken casserole like the Veggies Chicken Casserole I made the week before. It's very similar, but I think this one has so much more flavor (because I seasoned the chicken so the broth would also be flavorful) and I experimented with different tomatoes and added cucumber too! Make sure you try it out, you won't regret! Oh, and it's so much more brothy than the last one!
- 2 cucumbers
- 9 green tomatoes (tomatillos), or 1/2 lb
- 10 chicken tights, no skin, bone-in
- 5 chicken legs, no skin, bone-in
- 4 chicken breasts, cut in half, no skin, bone-in
- 2 jalapeño chiles
- 1 small zuccinis, cut in chunks
- 20 scallions or spring onions, no tail, just white part cut in half (you can use regular onion chunks too)
- 1 squash, cut in chunks
- 1/2 green bell pepper (you can use whatever color you prefer)
- 1 1/2 lb super sweet grape tomatoes
- 3/4 lb baby carrots
- 2 tbsp minced garlic, I used jarred, you can use 4-6 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground sea salt
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 3 fresh oregano springs
- 3 fresh rosemary springs
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- juice 1/2 yellow lemon
- Member's Mark no salt organic season (you can check it out here)
- Lawry's seasoning salt or any other you prefer
Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Now, add chicken to a roasting dish and sprinkle no-salt seasoning and the other seasoning.
Now, drizzle olive oil on top of chicken and top with scallions, green tomatoes cutted in half and zuccini and jalapeño chunks.
Top with squash and bell pepper chunks, and whole grape tomatoes.
Top with carrots.
Sprinkle some pepper to taste and add coarse sea salt.
Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and start removing chicken and placing it in a deep bowl so you can conserve the broth that come with the chicken pieces. Now that you only have the veggies, stir without breaking them so all of them will be in the broth and add cucumber chunks. Add the lemon juice and stir again. You can add more if you want, I only had one lemon and the hubs used the other half for his tea.
Top the veggies with oregano and rosemary springs and cilantro.
Now, top them with chicken. The chicken will not be fully cooked yet. Actually, most of the breast will be raw, and the tights a little bit raw and the legs almost cooked (these are tiny legs).
Bake for 20-25 more minutes. Remove from oven and serve hot. Try not to cut the chicken before serving, because it0s all full of flavorful broth and it will come out when cutted.
Don't you think it looks amazing?
Legs and tights for the hubs....
And look at all that broth!!!
So full of colors, and flavors.. yum! Enjoy!