6.25.2012

Splenda Meringues


So, I'm on a diet (that's one of the reasons why I'm not posting many recipes lately, because the hubs travels a lot and there's no one that can eat the food. I ask my doctor if I could eat some Splenda meringues and she said yes... so I gave them a try. I got meringues, but the texture is different from regular meringues... I'm not sure why, but when I finish this batch, I'm trying another one with coffee, or vanilla beans... 

I used:
  • 3 egg whites
  • 3/5 cup Splenda


First, preheat the oven to the lowest temperature possible (mine is 100°C or 212°F). Then, I added the egg whites and beat them for around 30 seconds on medium speed. Then switched to high speed and started slowly adding the Splenda.


Until I got this. (Weird, different) They are peaks. I guess.


Then, I added around 1 tbsp (a little less) for each meringue. On a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.



Now, bake them for 1 hour and then turn the oven off and let them sit for many hours (3 or 4) or overnight.


And, ta-da!




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on structural engineer chicago.
    Regards

    ReplyDelete