11.15.2012

Creamy Cauliflower Soup


So, you know me. I love soups, no matter what time of the year it is, I just love them. Anyways, so I looked for a creamy soup, that wouldn't need a lot of cream or cream cheese or greasy stuff, but that used very little milk. And I also wanted something healthy, and I found Jessica's recipe and couldn't resist. I swear, as she also did, it's sooooo goood!!! And so comforting... anyways, give a try and tell me how do you like it!

I used:
  • 1/4 onion, finely diced
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 1 large head of cauliflower, chopped into small florets
  • 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 cup whole milk
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • olive oil and dry chives for garnish
Begin by washing, drying, and chopping the cauliflower head in smaller florets.


In a deep pot, add olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter, onions and a pinch of salt. Cook for around 5 minutes.


Add in chopped cauliflower and cook for around 5 to 10 minutes. Stir to coat them in the butter/oil mix.




Add vegetable stock, cover the pot and cook for 25 minutes until everything is softened. 


In the middle of cooking time, press down with a spoon and break apart or mash the cauliflower.



With an immersion blender mix the cauliflower until creamy.



Over low heat, add milk, butter and water (if needed) and stir until well mixed.


Taste and season with salt and pepper.



Garnish with 1 tsp olive oil and 1 dash of dry or fresh chives.




No comments:

Post a Comment