10.24.2012

Wheat Germ Pizza Dough


so looking for healthier alternatives to the hubs favorite meals, I found somewhere on the Internet, and I'm sorry, I don't remember where (maybe Yahoo answers??) this recipe for a pizza crust made of wheat germ. I decided to give it a shot, and the hubs liked it. He says it tastes like bread, haha. But I made it in a "baking sheet", so the crust wouldn't be toasted, it would be soft. Next time i'll try it out in the toasted way and let you know!
I used:
  • 1/4 cup wheat germ
  • 1 egg
  • garlic powder to taste (one dash)


Just place everything in a mixing bowl.


Stir together and place a skillet in medium-low heat, spray the skillet with olive oil PAM and add the mix. Shape it (circle, rectangle or square).


Turn it over, as you would do when making pancakes.


Place it in baking dish (or at the end, directly in oven racks).


I went for a Buffalo Chicken Pizza, so added buffalo sauce, cooked chicken breast, cheese. I was lazy enough to go and chop celery sticks ha!


Bake at 300°F for 10 minutes. 


Until cheese melts deliciously. Top with a little bleu cheese salad dressing. Better yet, bleu cheese crumbs.


And enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment