2.17.2012

Freckled Muffins


The hubby had to go on a business trip and left me, all by myself, bored, sad... with a kitchen, and kitchen tools, and food, a food procesor, and chocolates, and a credit card (in case it's something missing), and a beautiful oven and Pyrex, and knives, and butter, and chocolates... did I already said chocolates??, and eggs, chicken, pasta, marinara sauce... a kitchen full of treasures waiting to be discovered by me. Oh, yeah. Time goes by in the kitchen, and I just won't get tired of being there. 
My sister decided to come by and spend the night with me, so I wouldn't be alone, so we were reading many recipes I have on a "pending" folder and she was like "Let's make the Chocolate Chip Muffins!" that I had printed from My Baking Addiction. 

So we did (with some variations) and we used:
  • 2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips


The recipe calls for preheating the oven to 400°F. I did and left them there for 17minutes. They were a little hard on the bottom, so I'm thinking next time I'll use 375°F and leave them there for 25 minutes maybe. But this post will tell you what I did. Preheat oven.

Place paper liners in 20 muffin cups and spray non-stick spray. In a bowl, sift  flour, brown sugar, sugar, baking powder, and salt. 



Whisk them together and reserve.


In another bowl, lightly beat the eggs and then add melted and cooled butter, milk, and vanilla.  


Whisk until well combined.


Make a well in the center of the flour mix.


Pour the butter-ish mix into the well. 


Stir until just combined. 


Throw chocolate chips in there.


Fold them in.


Fill the muffin cups evenly. Bake them for 17 min.


Look at that.


Yum yum yum!


Do you have any suggestions?






No comments:

Post a Comment