6.01.2012

Chicken Tostadas


Last night, the hubs came back from his business trip and I was too lazy to cook something complicated. I found some frozen shredded chicken I already had. And some packed refried beans. And corn tostadas. So, I decided to make some chicken tostadas.
I used:
  • 1 1/2 - 2 cups shredded chicken
  • 1/4 cup cream
  • 1 lb refried beans (if you want to look for a recipe, check my Black Beans post)
  • 8 corn tostadas
  • green or red salsa (you can check my recipe for Green Sauce)
  • 1 cup plum tomatoes



Now, I cooked the beans and unfroze the chicken. These tostadas are already "toasted". If you have corn tortillas, you can check HERE how to make them tostadas in very short time on the microwave!!


Take a tostada, place a layer of refried beans, follow by layer of chicken, some tomatoes halves, cream and sauce. In the last minute I also added some cheese squares. You can use Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack or a Mexican blend.


It's pretty easy... I hope you try them out and enjoy them!

2 comments: